Friday, April 1, 2016

Revere Academy - Prong Setting

What a busy start to 2016! I started off the year by taking a three day workshop at Revere Academy in January.

 I was awarded the New Student Scholarship, which is a generous scholarship of full tuition and travel! Yay! I decided to take a three day workshop in Prong Setting. While I use a lot of various kinds of settings in my work, traditional stone setting is just different from the kinds of setting I do regularly. Needless to say it was a challenge and I really enjoyed it! I rarely work so tiny and there was so much technical information. I had an excellent experience and I hope to return to further my setting knowledge. I'm looking forward to incorporating the skills I learn into my work within the next year, so keep an eye out!

Hello San Francisco! I should mention I was able to arrive in SF right after a major east coast blizzard. It was nice to arrive and be greeting with such fine weather!

The excitement!

 
All of my supplies

A few samples from class. We started with more simple prong settings and worked up from there. Working so tiny was a little bit difficult for me, but by the end of the workshop I became used to it. I now use strong reading glasses for magnification regularly. My instructor was very knowledgeable and helpful. Thank you Revere Academy for having me!

No comments:

Post a Comment